Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Friday, September 26th.





Shaun and I headed to Colin Taylor's house for the first Obama-McCain debate. We got there around 7:40pm, and Colin greet
ed us at the door.
I brought a six pack of Great Lakes Octoberfest, Shaun brought a Sam Adams Octoberfest. 

We sat down right away to watch th
e pre-game. 





Kristen (Colin's girlfriend) showed up a little later with some really good beer (she likes good beer). Kristen sat really close to Shaun for 
a second, mistaking my scruffy brother for Colin Hughes Taylor. It was very funny as she noticedher er
ror, and quickly took a seat close to Colin. You can tell from the bottom picture Colin's pissed. Too late, the dama
ge is done. (Nate's also pictured).






















The debate was good. I liked the way Obama performed, but I wish he was a little shorter with his words sometimes. I am not against well-thought-through answers, but the attention span of some of the swing voters worries me. And apparently if you come off too smart, you're an elitist.

The only error in judgement was not eating before we came over to Colin's. We eventually ordered pizza, but only after about f
our beers on an empty stomach.










Also, The very kind, Nate Lumen let Shaun borrow one of his bikes. Shaun needs a bike to r
ide to work, etc.

That's about it. Eventually the party ended up on Colin's front porch. 

When Shaun and I got home, we realized we left the keys at Colin's, so we 
had to walk back. 

When we finally got home, Shaun slept on the floor ( not pictured)

Oh, and Shaun finally told our family about Beth being pregnant.

No comments: